Suggest Features

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Discuss what features you would like to add

Jun 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM

First of all, thank you very much for sharing this tool!   I would have needed to write something much like this to detect differences between two model versions, and so this really saves me time. 

For my purposes, this is half the answer.  I'm also interested in finding the member differences between two model versions.  The MDS explorer lets you drill into any particular attribute and see the member transactions behind it, but I haven't found a good way to see how members changed over the "versioned" history.  The data to query this does seem to be contained in mdm.viw_SYSTEM_TRANSACTIONS.

-Rob

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Hi Rob,

This is a cool idea, I will think about how to design and develop it. Based on my current workload at work I'm thinking I can get this done towards the end of July.

Olof

May 21, 2015 at 9:44 AM
I was hoping to use this tool to help me resolve failures deploying a package with data where members have been deactivated in the live model during the testing phase. I can now easily identify these members then copy out the deploy script, updating the ImportType to 5, then run in SSMS to deactivate in the test model but it's a bit of a faff. I'd like to see an option to ignore (Effectively ImportType 0 as currently) or choose between ImportType 3 and 5 for members that exist only in the target model.
Coordinator
May 21, 2015 at 10:38 AM
Edited May 21, 2015 at 10:45 AM
Hi Max,

Just want to be clear on what you are asking. You have ModelA.EntityA source and ModelB.EntityA destination and you want to deactivate some members ModelB.EntityA?
Which section do you want to see this feature in Data Compare or Simple Excel upload?

Olof
May 21, 2015 at 3:30 PM
Yes that's correct. I'm using the data compare. Very useful it is too